Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Patine & a one year anniversary celebration this weekend

Hello everyone!
I hope you are all having a great week.
I was lucky enough to be able to attend a french flea market this past weekend.
It was held at theChateau Sonoma.
All I can say is, it was amazing. I wish I would have taken more pictures for all of you, but I was having so much fun shopping.
I am Sorry!

Now you see this gorgeous couple pictured above.
Their names are Eric and Dani.
They are a husband and wife team. Dani is from Germany, and Eric is from California. They own a company called Euro-Linens.
They are a very talented team!
They find amazing European linens and create beautiful pillows with them.
I can't tell you how incredible their work is.
Everything they create is made with antique or vintage fabrics and they don't use any reproduction fabrics.
They were at the flea market.
I shot a few pictures of their booth for all of you, I will share those first. Then you will also see a few pictures of their amazing store, Patine, that I took from their blog, with their permission of course.
First here are a few of my pictures from the french flea market.

These are examples of their rag book pillows.
Their rag book pillows are made from an antique french ticking. They
fuse these antique cloth books (from the early 1920's) to the french ticking, to create a one of a kind pillow.
I haven't ever seen anything like it before.
Wouldn't these be so cute in a toddler's room?
If you would like to read more about their rag book pillows you can by going here~

I love this pillow.
It would look great in any boy's room.

They sell these antique cloth books as well.


I love french ticking
Actually I am obsessed with french ticking!

These cute little bags below are called french shot bags.
They were used by hunters to carry their ammunition in.
These were a rare find.


Eric and Dani have them filled with lavender.

The pillow below is made from vintage fabric from Sweden.
They have pillows for everyone!

I wanted to share with you why Dani said they decided to open a shop.

My name is Daniela Davis my husband Eric and I started our business euro-linens.com 8 years ago. It all started with buying vintage and antique fabrics in Europe. We bought linen shirts and dresses, Ticking and Homespun Linen in France, Euro-Shams and Kitchen Towels in Germany, Lace and night shirts in Italy and many more beautiful fabrics from Sweden and Hungary. Then Eric bought his first industrial sewing machine and the rest is history. He started to create the most amazing and gorgeous pillows, bolsters and duvet-covers from all these beautiful fabrics from Europe. To this day Eric sews most of the pillows himself. We first sold only at the Alameda Point Antique Faire, slowly but surely we stared selling at Shows like the Rose Bowl Flea Market, Long Beach Flea Market and The Santa Monica Antique Flea. Our Goal was and still is to bring these wonderful old fabrics back to life in a new way and create with them a unique almost one of a kind feel that would fill a home with joy. Over the years many customers asked us if we had a store that they could come and visit, unfortunately we always had to say “no we don’t have a store”. After all these years we can finally answer the question with: YES, we do have a store. In June 2009 we opened our little store PATINE in the heart of La Selva Beach, a beautiful Beach community where we also live in. So here are some pictures that showcase what we did over the summer, enjoy......


Here are a few pictures of their shop, Patine.
It looks amazing.






As you can see their store is filled with beautiful linens and great vintage treasures.


Eric and Dani are celebrating Patine's one year anniversary!
They would like to invite you
to come and celebrate with them.
on Saturday, May 29th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

They will have some extra special offers ready for you!
There will also be food and wine!
They hope you can come and celebrate with them
in beautiful La Selva Beach!
304 La Playa Boulevard
La Selva Beach, California 95076
831.661.0950
Dani and Eric would love to see you there!
Here are a few of their links

I am going and can hardly wait!
As you all know by now I love vintage linens.
It is almost a 3 hour drive for me, but I don't want to miss it!
I hope to see you there!
I will have my camera, and promise to take pictures for those of you who can't make it.
Their store looks amazing, don't you think?
They are the sweetest couple.
Thank you Lulu for telling me about these two!


I want to thank all of you for taking the time to stop in and visit my little blog.
I want to say thank you for all of the incredibly sweet comments you left about our tin ceiling.
You really made my day and my husband's as well.
After all he is the one who did all the work.
So thank you for taking the time to stop in and leave us a comment,
we really appreciated every single comment.
Hopefully my bedroom will be finished before long so I can show you the finished product.
Hope you all have a great week!
Take Care,
Maria

43 comments:

Anne Lorys said...

Those pillows are incredible!
And you're right, I've never seen anything like them.

You always discover the coolest stuff, Maria!

Hugs,
Anne

lisaroy said...

wow - what an amazing outing! flea markets are my absolute favourite places to visit and french linens??? seriously, it's like I would have died and gone to heaven! thanks for introducing me to Patine and their wonderful pillows! : )

Preppy Mama said...

Oh so beautiful!! I wish I lived closer, sounds so amazing!! Have fun!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hey Maria, I actually have met Eric, small world. He was staying with my friends Linda and Ludmil a few years back the same time I was. I so wish I could go. Have fun and hope you find lots.

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Pretty, pretty pillows. I love Chateau Sonoma for a little drive away from our little town. I've never heard of La Selva Beach and I'm a native Californian, will definitely have to check it out. Thanks for the info, Maria.

DustyLu said...

I love them! I am so glad to see you did this lovely post on them! I have known them forever and try and send them people, because of the amazing linens! Lots of love! Wonderful post! Have a great day! ~lulu

Between You and Me said...

wonderful post...beautiful pillows. I saw about 45 that I wanted for our home. :)

Debbie said...

Oh dear~~~another shop for me to look at!!! I ended up ordering from the last one you told us about. Thank you Maria!
Hugs,
Debbie@houseatthelake

Cielo Azul Jewelry said...

Wow! I wish I could go....pickles! It would be 7.5hrs for me=0( Have a wonderful time and please have some wine for me=0) I love those lavender bags! Please tell me you bought them, LOL!

Have a great night,
xoxo,
Carol

WinnibriggsHouse said...

What beautiful linens and the shop..O I am soenvious of you being able to visit. Bit more than 3 hours for me!

Allison Shops said...

Beautiful items. My oldest daughter lives in Marin. I have got to get to Napa next visit!

Allison
Atticmag

Tina said...

Wow maria, I am so in love with these gorgeous linens and that beautiful store! I am addicted to vintage linens and I am definitely going to put this store on my must visit list for the next time I visit the US! Thank you for such a wonderful post as always. You are just so incredibly generous at introducing us to such wonderful people. I hope you are having a wonderful week. I going to pop on over to the links you gave us:) Hugs to you ~ Tina xx

Anna White said...

Maria...just gorgeous...what a talented couple...I am addicted to cushions...always seem to come home with a few..and hubby just rolls his eyes now and doesnt bother commenting..lol
Thanks for sharing such loveliness and a great new link to check out. :) x

summersundays-jw said...

What a great looking couple. Their pillows are pretty cool too -- love the old linens. I'm headed to their blog to ck. them out. Thanks, Jan

Elyse said...

hi maria!

what a dreamy shop. i love the cool shot bags and they must smell wonderfully filled with lavender. thanks for sharing!

xo
elyse

Beach House Living said...

Beautiful store you know the kind you just want to linger in and think about for days after you have left.

beachvintage.com said...

I love the antique cloth books.

Karla@TheClassyWoman said...

Hi Maria!

Wow, what a great find. You must have had an amazing time there. I love old linens and natural materials. If I lived in the area that is something that I would have loved to go to.

Congratulations on your first successful year with the store Dani & Eric!

Thanks for sharing with everyone. Their store looks awesome. I was amazed to learn the cleaning process of the ticking including a respirator for the feathers before even creating anything. Wow!

Hugs,
Karla

sf said...

Hi Maria,
It was lovely to meet you. What a nice post you did on Dani and Eric. They are so sweet and deserving of all their success!!! I have added you to my favorites and hopefuuly we will meet again.
P.S. The white French cabinet is still available.
Sandra

FEDERICA said...

Good morning dear Maria!
Oh wow, you're a lucky girl! Here in Italy we don't have wonderful french flea markets like this!
I love all those pillows!! Gorgeous!! WOW!
Eric and Dani are a fantastic couple!
Wish you a lovely day my friend,
Federica.
xoxo

Flaviana said...

Maria
thank you so much for sharing this pics with us and for letting us discover another beautiful shop! I'm actually on a quest for some pretty cushions and I think I might have found them:-)
Your "little" adorable, gorgeous blog is a constat source of inspiration and discovery, do you know that!?
Hugs,
your friend
Flaviana

Little Emma English Home said...

Maria, each post of yours is an incredible discovery. You do a great "job" for us all and you call it Little?? Mmmmmm, too modest of you!

Eric and Dani do fantastic pillows, I've never seen anything like that. I'm going to check their site, hope they send to Italy as well.

A great hug for you and Mr DW...
Zaira xoxo

AT HOME BLOG said...

Hi Maria!
I love french ticking and the french little bag with lavanda... it's umbilieveble what we cand do with the "tela per materassi"!!!
Kisses
Etta

Rumour has it said...

Very interesting post about this company! I do love all vintage linen and their shop is a real treasure! Unfortunately a little too far away for me... :)
Best wishes, Marjolijn

Willow Decor said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary!! Great job this year!! Lots of inspiring posts! Excited to head over to Eurp Linens and check them out!! Thanks for introducing us to them, they have lovely things!!
xx-Gina

Robyn said...

Maria you are a like a magnet for the magnificent! You find the BEST STUFF! LOVE those pillows! Sounds like a sweet couple and the store is lovely!

Unknown said...

Hi dear Maria!!! those pillow and textiles are amazing!!! I love them!!! thank you for sharing with us!!!

Hugs!
Mara

Judy said...

I love Eric and Dani! I give a vintage show called Remnants of the Past here in California twice a year and Eric & Dani are one of the favorite vendors at the show. Enjoy your blog! xo Judy

Kasey said...

now that looks like my type of shop Maria!
Thank you for sharing.

Ness Lockyer said...

Oh Maria...incredible! Love French Ticking...love, love, love!
Ness xx

Farmgirl Paints said...

What a fun shopping day. I can see why you didn't have your camera out that much. Great shop and what a cute couple. Have a great day Maria:)

Tricia said...

Great find Maria! I will be in Sonoma in July and am hoping to hit a few antique stores, there seems to be quite a few. Not sure that we'll have time to visit the beach and find Patine, but it looks incredible!

Unknown said...

Oh you will have sooooo much fun...I'm a wee bit jealous :) Food, wine, plus that incredible store *sigh* wonderful!! Love the shot bags filled with lavender, and the door they have in their store, oh and yes, the French ticking...it's all amazing!!! I wish you the best time my friend!!! Some day I'll make it out your way and you can show me all of these awesome stores you go too :) :) :)


Hugs ~

:) T

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

LOVE the French shot bags. So many beautiful items!

La Dolfina said...

Hi Maria,
I was so disappointed to find out that we were at Chateau Sonoma at the same time and didn't know it! And then we just missed each other at Tyler Florence!! Should we rendez vous at Patine? Where exactly is La Selva Beach? And where are you in relation to the Bay Area? I'm thinking we need to meet... soon:)
Love this post on Euro Linens! I had the best chat with Dani on Saturday. Don't you just love Sonoma?
xo

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

What beautiful pillows! It sounds like you had a lovely time at the flea, and I can't wait to get going myself around here! It's a dream of mine to have a little business with my husband, my best friend. Thanks for sharing this!
Blessings,
Stacey

Pétales de fée said...

So beautifull linens, so nice pillows... and with lavander : it' great!!
Kiss from France!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Maria,
What wonderful cushions. I love them all. I really like those lavander bags and I also love the ticking fabric They are a very good-looking couple. Eric has a bit of Tom Cruise about him !!
If only I could go to see them. England is a bit of a long way to travel from though !! haha. Your photographs will just have to suffice !!
Thanks for all of the beautiful images and inspiration, Maria.
Have a lovely weekend. XXXX

Sheila said...

Yep, I love them! I have bought a few pieces from them at Long Beach in the past... I have an awesome table cloth that they brought back from one of their trips it is crotchet and is round the detail is stunning yet simplistic. I hope you day is full of bliss :)

Smiles,
Sheila

Creamy White said...

Oh MAria, I still don't have words for these pictures...just gorgeous!
How nice you could attend to the market. You must had lots of fun there, hey?
Can't wait to see your bedroom.
Have a lovely weekend,
Li :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
I have actually purchased a few vintage night gowns from Dani and Eric. Their merchandise is just heavenly!!
Your photos are just beautiful, and I can't wait to see your bedroom, I'm sure you will inspire us all with the finished product!
Have a great weekend.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Burlap Luxe said...

Too many beautiful pillows to just choose one!
Soooo! I will take one of each!

Thank-you for sharing.
Dore

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Maria, this is my first comment here on your beautiful blog... what a stunner your home is!! SUCH an inspiration. I LOVE blue too! It is very favorite color... I feel such a connection with so many things you love. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us to enjoy. I enjoy your styling... it is simply georgeouso!!

xoxo Heather