Monday, November 15, 2010

A mirror and a holiday wreath



Hello Everyone!
I hope you all had a great weekend!
I have to tell you Bethany had a lot of fun reading the comments you left about her giraffe.....
Thank you for making her day!

I wanted to share a few sneak pictures with you of one of my mirrors...


I actually traded this mirror for one of my pillows.


I am not sure how old it is.


I love the color of the frame.....


I love the patina on the mirror...
I will show you what I am doing with this mirror next week.


On another note.....

I am teaming up with Wintersteen Farms next week, we will be doing a fun holiday giveaway together...  We will be combining a few holiday items from my (soon to open) shop and a Wintersteen Wreath!

I know the owners of Wintersteen Farms, personally.
Jeff is my cousin, and I know first hand how talented he is.  He built my parents a beautiful new home, after the house I grew up in sadly burned down.  It was an emotional time for all of us, as we couldn't imagine not being able to come home to the house we grew up in.  After all my dad had built our house...How do you replace that....
Jeff built my parents a beautiful house....and I know my parents love their home!
Thank you Jeff and Kelly!


Jeff and Kelly sent me a little write up on how Wintersteen Farms was born.

Jeff has been a "Boutique Builder" for over 10 years.  He has built high-end homes that are very unique,  Each home Jeff has always brought in vintage pieces and designed them into the homes to make them look like they have been there for years.  His mom Sonya is a realtor and has always loved showing Jeff's spec homes, because people get so excited when they go from room to room.  From the light fixtures to the corbels on the fireplace to hardware on the doors and cabinets....each home is unique- one of a kind.  
Now that the building industry has slowed, Jeff has found himself still in construction, mostly doing remodels.  We have always been people who try to see outside the box and in regards to Wintersteen Farms, the box was right outside our window.  We have lived on a 36 acre tree farm for over 12 years and have sold wreath material on a small scale for many of the 12 years.  With the building industry slowing we decided to make this more than a hobby.  Our property has 36 acres of beautiful noble and douglas trees and we have decided to take our business to the next level of not just selling wreath material, but making them ourselves and as in the homes that Jeff has built, paying that special attention to detail.  Each wreath is hand-crafted and placed in a crystal clear bag, next placed in our signature brown box with tissue and raffia ribbon.  We want people to remember Wintersteen Farms for years to come.  From the moment they open the box and smell the fresh scent of the Northwest, we want them to remember that each wreath is a gift, whether it is bought for yourself or for that someone special, it's a gift.  Start a new tradition with Wintersteen Farms, you will not be disappointed.


Thank you Jeff and Kelly!
I hope you get a chance to visit Wintersteen Farms.
They are located in Oregon.
They have a beautiful family too.


Shop News
I also wanted to let you know that I am hoping to open my online shop the beginning of December.
The talented
is designing my site, and will also be giving my blog a bit of a makeover!

I can hardly wait!

Have a great week!
Take Care,
Maria

53 comments:

Sarah Lynne said...

I think our mirror in our living room is the same mirror! Or pretty close to it! Love it!

Deb said...

Your mirror is beautiful Maria...I love the patina too! Can hardly wait to start shopping!!!! ~Deb~

Shannon said...

The mirror is gorgeous, love the color of it!
I am so excited for your shop to open, can't wait to spend all my Christmas money :)

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Lovely mirror!! So excited about your shop...tell me will you ship to Canada (a.k.a.ME)thanks,Chrissy

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Cheers~The wreaths are very nice I am off to check them out.Though I live in Oregon and make my own these are very well made and I love all the extras placed on it.

I too am excited to see what you have for us in your Shop and right before Christmas would be awesome for you.Best of Luck!

~Chow Kim

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~*~*LOVE your mirror!! I cant wait for your shop to open!! HUGS,Rachel ;) ~*~*~*

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

What a beautiful wreath and the mirror is just gorgeous too.

re:Inspire said...

Your mirror is just gorgeous! You have the most beautiful belongings!
Lisa

Tricia said...

Bethany's giraffe was too precious! Can't wait for your shop to finally open my friend.
Hugs~
T

Blondie's Journal said...

Your mirror is stunning...I love all the detail!

Congrats on opening your own shop, I will be sure to pop over!

XO,
Jane

White and Rust said...

The mirror is awesome! And the wreath is just gorgeous!!

Yvonne - Frl. Klein said...

Your mirror is so beautiful! And I like your photos so much!!!!
Have a wonderful new week,
Big Hugs,
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
I am loving that mirror. The patina on the glass is just perfect!
And the wreaths are absolutely beautiful!
What an amazing person to have built your parents a new home and at such a difficult time in their lives, they just don't make many people like that anymore, what a special person!
Have a fabulous day!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Emily said...

I'm so excited! Wintersteen is not too far from me! So beautiful. I loved this post.

Little Emma English Home said...

I can't hardly wait too..... Weird, I bought a similar mirror today!! But not antique, just seems to be but it's not!! ;)

Diana (Apple Pie) said...

Wow Maria! I'm so happy... I can't wait too!

paige said...

so gorgeous maria!
:)
can't wit to see bethany's next little craft!

Villa König said...

Your mirror looks gorgeous! Love your wonderful blog. Hugs Yvonne

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Maria,
Love the mirror and all its ghostly goodness. Can't wait to see your new look and shop, know it will be beautiful! Lovely wreaths, I may order one for my back door.
xo~Tracie

Servies en Brocante said...

all youre pictures are so wonderfull!!

me and alice said...

Hello Maria!
Your new mirror is beautiful!! I'm so excited to see your new webshop!!! I know how talented Sadie Olive is so I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous...
Have a wonderful day!!

xoxo Susanne

Rozmeen said...

Hi Maria,

Love this mirror! The colour and patina is absolutly fabulous!

Wishing you a lovely evening
Hugs,
Rozmeen

Grow Line Inc. said...

Good Afternoon Maria! Your photos are so very inspiring!!

All things Beautiful...
Grow Line

traci said...

that is an amazing mirror maria. absolutely gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Yes, the mirror is very pretty and your images are perfect!

designchic said...

Love your mirror...great trade!! C

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous mirror, Maria! I love all the gorgeous details of the frame and the patina, too! It looks beautiful just leaning against the wall like you have it... can't imagine what else you're going to do with it... look forward to seeing... :)
After reading this post, I felt just horrible that I forgot to mention how much I loved the girrafe your daughter made. :( I remember thinking what a great job she did and how realistic it looked!!
That Christmas wreath is just beautiful... look forward to the giveaway!
I hope your week is off to a great start!
xoxo,
Jo :)

p.s. I can hardly wait to see the changes to your blog and visit your shop... sooo exciting!! :)

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful OLD mirror. I love it. The wreath is lovely too...nice partnering! Hugs- Diana

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

When you talk about those fresh Christmas wreaths I can literally smell the brisk, pine scent I love so much. I can't wait to see the site and for that matter, yours too! This is going to be an exciting season and I'll be checking in often. By the way, my "white sofas" say hi and they're doing great standing up to all the kids, dogs and the hubby. Blessings, Tia

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh Maria ---- I am SOOOO happy for you that things are finally coming together for your shop and your new site look! I know how you were feeling about it all, and I can just imagine you sitting back and smiling and seeing the "light at the end of the tunnel"! We are all screaming little girls out here anticipating your shop opening up. Perfect time, too, you know. We can all go shopping.....FOR OURSELVES!!!! LOL!

Have a wonderful week! :)

xoxo laurie

Emma Burgess said...

Hi Maria,

Love the mirror and your new shop sounds very exciting. Can't wait to see it. Hope you are having a great week.

Emma. xx

Elisabeths Borg said...

I just love your new mirror. Wish I had one too.
You have an abseloutly beautiful blog. Can't wait to see your online shop.

Hugs from Elisabeth

Hannekie(Sisterly) said...

what a great mirror. really love the collor. cant wait to see your online store
hugs hannie

Syster och Jag said...

Hi Maria! What a lovely blog. Beutifull pictures!
The mirror was great!
Take a look at me and my sisters blog. www.systerochjag.blogspot.com
Have a nice day.
Sanda

love lives in the kitchen said...

dear maria,
all your pictures are as usual very beautiful! i adore the wreach!
have a sweet day,
justyna

Alice said...

That mirror is just gorgeous! It would look fabulous in my bathroom!

Debbi Beverage said...

Hi Maria,
I love the mirror! Your style is just beautiful! You have a new follower!
Debbi
@ the beach

Holly @ Roller Coaster Life said...

Love this mirror! They have a very ornate (kinda ugly brassy gold) frame at hobby lobby i want really bad! It is not nearly as nice as this but I think I can beat it up and make it "look" old!

and the stool.. yeah I need that stool! I have a chair that has that same flower detail.. They may have been a pair at some point!!

Pure Ella said...

I love the mirror. I have a similar one in gold at the moment - ya I know - it's gotta go ;)
White it will be, don't you worry...

Beautiful wreath also.
ella.

Mary Lou said...

Beautiful mirror. Beautiful photos. Can't wait to see the shop.

MODERN Prairie Girl said...

Can't WAIT to see what's in your shop!

I love the mirror...dreamy, as usual.
ox
Lara
p.s.the treat is almost done and on it's way to you!

The Stylish House said...

Maria,
Your photos are simply lovely!
I also stopped by to let you know my daughter Heather had her liver transplant Monday. Both Robert her live donor and Heather are on the mend. It was major major surgery for both of them so it will take time to heal. Robert is one in a million!
Hugs, Cathy

Jeanne Oliver said...

That mirror is soooo dreamy!!! Love it and I would have been trading things for it too!!! I am heading over to your home right now:-)

Janean said...

you can't beat old mirror patina....it's lovely.

Bohemian said...

I too adore the patina of old mirror glass... this is a lovely simple vignette... just beautiful!

Dawn... The Bohemian

Eileen @ Cottage Beach House said...

Maria, Your blog is very entertaining. And I have to say your kids look adorable. I have a bunch myself. 6. Mostly grown now. I love the mirror. Great wreath too, I am loving all that dreamy ribbon you are hanging it from. Best of luck with your shop!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Beautiful mirror. Love the wreath on it:) Sarah will do a great job on your face lift. She's does beautiful work!

Lana Manis said...

The mirror is beautiful Maria! I collect old ones... even broken ones... and have several still waiting to be placed somewhere in my home.
Your cousin's wreath are lovely too!

vdguilenea@gmail.com said...

Bellissimo il tuo specchio antico!
Anchio ho specchi antichi in casa, mi piacce vedere il segno del tempo su di loro.

Cheryl said...

I love the look -- and I swear I could smell the wreath --- i need the stockings very badly!!!


Cheryl

Country Livin' said...

love the mirror.......love your blog!!
Trish xo

Maide said...

Yes...this blog is so romantic.
What breathtaking pictures from your mirror...simply things can be amazing.

Greetings from Germany and wish you a great 2011. Will follow your space.

Maide

luv2diy said...

I am celebrating our first Christmas in our long awaited new home - and my wreath will be be hung on my front door to announce the holiday! Thanks for a great blog......