Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Vintage Belgian Sleigh Bells, A Vintage Gray French Trunk, Bleu the French Bulldog, and a Winner


Hello!
I hope you are all enjoying your week.....
One of the items I will be adding is this vintage French gray trunk.....
It is a trunk that would work well in a bedroom or in a entryway.....
I thought it would be fun to show a way to use it during the holidays.....


I was recently in Oklahoma at a horse show, and came back feeling inspired by all the beautiful horses I got to be around all day for a week.....
I have fallen in love with these vintage Belgian sleigh bells.....
The sound they make is so unbelievably beautiful.....
And I can only imagine how beautiful the horses were that they were once used on....
I don't think they will make it in the shop this season : )


I love to get two uses out of my boots.....
I love to wear them daily and I love accessorizing my house with them as well : ).....
Hang your favorite scarf from a ladder to add a little color to the room.....



I placed the small silver tip tree that is adorned with ornaments I purchased from Anthropologie in a 
a vintage French jam pot that is filled with water.....
I wanted to answer your questions on how to stabilize the tree in the pot....
The base of the tree is not very long, the bottom branches of the tree rest on the pot, and that is what stabilizes the tree in the pot...

*******************************************


I wanted to share a few pictures of our French Bulldog named Bleu......


She is the sweetest little Frenchie....


She likes to stand like she is bigger then she rest of the dogs......


There might be more then a few pictures of Bleu in this post....







Bleu at just eight weeks old....


Bleu and her siblings at five weeks old.
Bleu is the puppy on the far left.
                                        I photographed the litter of puppies for our breeder,
 Jenn Gilliam, who can be reached at 559-310-2014....
We also raise French bulldogs and are hoping to have another litter of puppies available this spring.


Bleu


Bleu's brothers....


Bleu's brother singing for us.....
I will be sharing lots more pictures of Bleu in the near future....

**************************************


Thank you to everyone who entered and helped spread the word about our Wintersteen Farms Wreath and 500.00 gift card giveaway.....
The winner of the giveaway is
Congratulations Tracie!
Thank you Wintersteen Farms for giving away one of your beautiful wreaths.

***********************************

Thank you Meg for featuring our grain sack stockings and the Wintersteen Farms wreath in your ezine.

Hope you have a great week!
Take Care,
Maria 

44 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Bleu is adorable and that snapshot of his brother singing in the red Hunter boots is precious!

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Everything is beautiful...and if they were mine (the bells) I would keep them too!:)

Rita

Brynne said...

Obsessed

Kelly said...

I just HAVE to say that I don't think I've ever seen a cuter dog in my life! He is precious beyond words. I love the name you gave him too. He sort of reminds me of a koala bear! I think that's what makes him so adorable. Wish I could scoop him up and bring him home.

My Little Bungalow said...

Oh my goodness, Bleu is absolutely adorable. I'll be pinning a photo or two of her to my Dogs board on Pinterest. Who is the big pup in the center of that one photo? He looks much larger than the rest. They are all so pretty! Happy holidays!
Claudia
P.S. I love those Belgian sleigh bells! I can imagine how pretty they sound.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Bleu is beyond adorable. My daughter has a male Frenchie and wants to find him a little sister. I'll be pinning your pics on our Frenchie Pinterest Board! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh my Bleu is so adorable. What a cutie. Love those Belgian sleigh bells they are gorgeous.
Kris

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

All your things are lovely but that Frenchie is just the cutest! Please do post more photos.

pballard said...

Congrats to Tracie.. Love Blue. Love it all.

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love the look! And just had to pin Bleu to my Cutie Patooties Pinterest Board!

Seawashed said...

Your puppy Bleu is so so cute! Love the color and name. Our maltese is named Bella Bleu...as you see i love the name. That grey trunk is wonderful too. Your photography is still my favorite of all the bloggers.

Vanessa Greenway said...

Dear Maria, I think Blue might have just "stole" the whole scene in this post. :) She is adorable!!

Sivers basar said...

That last pic with the door in the background is gorgeous! Great job!

michele said...

hi maria. i'm swooning like everyone else over bleu. my sister recently adopted a white english bulldog, and i'm smitten. how can i best stay in touch in case we would like to adopt one from your next litter in the spring? thanks so much for sharing so much lovely and making me smile.

michele
hello lovely

Razmataz said...

OMG! Bleu is beautiful....you know I love the Frenchies!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! Most adorable pictures of your Bully puppy, Bleu! Have to say this is my favorite post! Keep the pics coming of Ella & Bleu. Always makes me smile!
Leigh

art said...

great decorating!!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Bleu stole the show but I do love the simplicity of the Christmas vignette!

Linda said...

Ohhhhhhhh!!!!!!! ADORABLE. GORGEOUS. JUST A WONDERFUL POST! Jolly Hollydays!
Hugs,
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

sandi said...

Beautiful post! Love all your pics. These would make sweet Christmas cards too!!! Every item looks fab and your sweet little Bleu is just precious!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OK I am now in love with Bleu. What a little sweetie. I have westies and remember them when they were that young. Love dogs!

Sarah said...

GORGEOUS photos!! The dogs are adorable, and what great little subjects! Beautiful -have a wonderful day! ;-)

Burlap Luxe said...

Beauty in all you create with the calm of December ...
Remembering that December love weighs more than gold.

Your puppy is adorable and noticed that you named him Bleu ? Due to his coat of blue. We did just that with our New puppy born aug 10th...
She is an Italian Greyhound and is a blue fawn white so we named her Pia Bleu.

Your photos are simple and drench us with feelings of the way the holidays should be shared.

See all you inspire Maria soon.

Come to my place and see all the winter I created with wire crowns and vintage cypress trees of French, and branches that cling to the morning frost.

Merry Christmas,

Joyeux Noël

Bisous
Xx
Doré

Sylvie said...

Bleu is adorable....I fall in love.... I'm french, I live in the south of France and I love your blog and all you share...Bravo !!!
Amitiés

French Farmhouse Living said...

I just bought antique sleigh bells too! Hung them on the inside of my front door. Perfect! Love the boots and the pup too!!

Wilhelmiina said...

Perfect :)

Unknown said...

Excellent ideas that you posted. Everyone loves this type post. Home Decor Ideas for decor our home and make something new in this Christmas!

DD's Cottage said...

HI,
Love your blog. I grew up on a horse ranch in N. California-Mendocino. Are you near?
Darrielle

casacaudill said...

I have NEVER seen a Frenchie like bleu. I think I must have her. :-)

Sosmecaso! said...

Very nice pictures!!

http://sosbodalavista.blogspot.com.es/

Bilancia Designs said...

Wishing you and yours a lovely Christmas, Maria. May 2014 be a happy, healthy, prosperous year for you!
Lisa

Lee Caroline - A World of Inspiration said...

Oh my gosh your pup is just so beautiful, you should make cards out of these images they are so beautiful and would make wonderful Christmas cards.

Unknown said...

Oh your dog is just GORGEOUS, I had to call my children to come & see how cute he is!!

And your home is really beautiful too, Merry Christmas to you!!

Maggis-Nähatelier said...

Marry,Marry Christmas

Lee Caroline - A World of Inspiration said...

Bleu is so utterly adorable. I just want to tell you that I have been so inspired by your photography. For Christmas I got my first DSLR for use on my home inspiration blog. I took my first decent shot of my little Schnoodle today, I have not yet uploaded it to my blog but it is on my Facebook page. I was inspired by the beautiful images you take and set her up in front of the old shutters in my bedroom.

My camera is really for food and styling shots but I realise now the versatility of a DSLR is limitless. I have a lot to learn and can't wait to post some images of interiors to my blog.

Bleu is the most adorable little pup and she looks like she is quite happy posing for all your gorgeous shots.

Lee

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Mon Dieu, c'est la petite BLEU!

Your sweet little girl is a heart-stealer! Thank you for a year of delightful inspirations and the most beautiful photos! May 2014 be a blessed year for both human and beast in your lovely home! Anita

Alice Wingerden said...

Beautiful photographs and adorable little Bleu :)

Inge @ Simply Fabulous Chic said...

Oh, what a beauty Bleu is! And how lovely again your pictures... And you're absolutely right about the Belgian sleigh bells - they look great!
Hugs from Belgium,
Inge x

maria at inredningsvis said...

AWWWW IM IN LOVE with that cute doggy haha sooo cute :) I hope you had a lovely Christmas holiday.

Check out my new post...Cute Swedish Curtain inspiration :)

Have a fab day.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - Swedish decor, food, and fashion

DeAna Lamoreaux said...

Beautiful! Your photo's, blog, shop, home...it's truly dreamy.

Personally selected products said...

All your thinks are so so LOVELY !!
thanks for share Bleu with us.
i am really falling in love with all your lovely frenchy!

Have a good day
XoXoXo
Luisa
http://personallyselected.blogspot.com

Burlap Luxe said...

Missing you, and all the new you will be inspiring.

Beautiful week to you.

Xx
Doré

Merci-Notes said...

Blue is making a big splash on Pinterest etc.! Hoping all is well. Will keep you & your family in my prayers.

With Kindness,
Mary

Seawashed said...

Best wished in your new home. I no longer FB or IG but I did go see your page and that is how I know you moved. I hope you share your new home with us on your blog. xxo