Tuesday, October 4, 2011

An Autumn Inspired French Farmhouse Table, French Heirloom Pumpkins, Vintage French Kindergarten Chair


Hello!
I hope you are all enjoying your week!
Today I wanted to share a lot of pictures with you I took over the weekend....
My husband surprised me with a new lens for my birthday.
I can't tell you how much I LOVE it.
I put together an autumn inspired table setting over the weekend.
I wanted to get one photographed before the first rain.


I set the table up under this beautiful oak tree.
My husband helped drag my props out to the field, and I think he thought I was nuts for picking a spot with thistles as a backdrop...
He grew up on a cattle ranch in Montana where he changed sprinkler pipe all summer to keep their alfalfa fields green.  He doesn't see any beauty or use in brown grass.
I have the exact opposite opinion....
Oak trees and the rolling golden hills are the two things I love the most about California.
I love the contrast of the beautiful oak trees against the golden hills.
Anyway, for the table setting,


I wanted to keep it very simple with an earthy french farmhouse feel to it.


I chose to use a red striped grain sack runner.
{I will be adding more of these to my shop very soon}
I use red all year round, it doesn't matter what season it is, it is one of my favorite accent colors....


For this table setting I used mostly food items for decoration....
The french bread helps add a lot of warmth to the table.


White french bistro chairs....




Pumpkins...
Every fall it is hard for me to not go crazy with the french heirloom pumpkins....
I try to purchase them while shopping with my husband, because he helps keep me under control.


I used my french ironstone compote to display the pumpkin on.


I love how the brownish color of the pumpkin contrasts with the ironstone.


for my shop out of European grain sacks.


These little beverage bags are one of my favorite items my sister makes for the shop.
We also carry these made from a blue striped grain sack.










I added a plate of cheese and bread along with a plate of figs....


The figs help bring a little color to the table...





My daughter put together some bundles of lavender to place at the ends of the table.


I would have liked to use bundles of wheat at the end of the table, but I didn't have any.


Never mind that I forgot to put silverware out....
I  realized after the sun was down, that I didn't even put it out...
Hopefully I can get another one photographed before Thanksgiving...


On another note....
I found this set of vintage french kindergarten chairs for the shop a couple of weeks ago....


I photographed the chairs over the weekend with my favorite french heirloom pumpkins displayed on them....
This particular french heirloom pumpkin is called the 'Rouge Vif d' Etampes.
They are supposed to make great pumpkin pies...
We are going to try and turn this one into a pie...
I will be sure and let you know how the pie turns out...


I also photographed this little sweetie sitting on the french chairs as well.


I forgot I was supposed to be photographing the chair....


Miss Judy is the cutest...


I think these chairs are so cute...
They could be used by a small toddler....


and or would make a great prop...


On a final note....
I had to share a picture I snapped yesterday of my daughter, Nicole, with her dog, Rambo....
Rambo is our great dane and english mastiff crossed puppy we got from our parents this last Christmas.....
I think he grows taller everyday....

I will hopefully be back next week....
I will be going to Remnants of the Past with my kids this Saturday....
I can't wait!
I hope you all enjoy your week!
Take Care,
Maria

P.S. I will share with you a few of the sources to some of the items in my table setting in my next post.



74 comments:

LissyLou said...

gorgeous post x

Life love, clutter and other beautiful things. said...

Beautiful! Love your setting and style xox

Unknown said...

magnifique!!

butiksofie said...

Hi my dear:-), loooooooove all images, hughs Anja

Anonymous said...

what a nice birthday surprise! Happy Birthday Maria! the fall table is perfect!!! all the photos are beautiful! ruby wand

Linda said...

I love it all...the setting is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous! i love it so much, totally autumn start!


www.internodiciotto.etsy.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous images
Hugs
Mari

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Ohhhh my gosh that is so very gorgeous!!! I am in love with everything!

I want to go to Remnants of the Past really bad!!

Have fun!

xoxo
Lori

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Each and every photo is absolutely gorgeous! ♥

kråke said...

....breathtaking....:)))

hugs kråke

Jackie said...

Love the styling, tablescape, everything is just lovely! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creativity with us!!

http://vintagebrocante.wordpress.com

Tricia said...

Very pretty. The setting is wonderful too :)

Unknown said...

I love your simply, charming table setting Maria!

Kathy said...

Each photograph is more beautiful than the last...you have a gift my friend. Loved this post and the photos, Rambo is fantastic...

Ricki Treleaven said...

Judy, Nicole, and Rambo are rock stars! I love the photos of them. Your table is set so prettily, and the setting in the field couldn't be any lovelier. I love this post....it has made me smile!

Susan said...

Beautiful! And what a gorgeous family too!

Sarah said...

Your dog is adorable, and huge! I worked with a full blooded great dane once, oh my what a handful! I hear they make wonderful family dogs. :)

the vintage bricoleur said...

Yay! I can't wait to see you and your aweet children again ay Remnants. My children will be helping in the booth this time. Terry

Unknown said...

Oh my, I am SWOONING over these amazing photos. Just lovely!

Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures and nice colours in the sunshine ! lovely, sabrina

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

Such gorgeous Fall images Maria! :) I could look at your photos all day.. xoxo

Anna at the Doll House said...

These pictures are the stuff of fairy tales. Cinderella, eat your heart out.

Anna

Anonymous said...

Absoluetly gorgeous!!!! Xoxoxo ~Ashley

Lolo @ The Adventures of Stig and Lolo said...

I too absolutely LOVE the fall colors in California. That is one of the reasons I wanted to get married in the fall surrounded by the gorgeous golden hues and of course, oak trees :)

Hope to run into you at Remnants! I will be there...hopefully with the venue change it wont be so stressful with the loads of people :)

Happy Birthday my dear !!
XOX
Lolo

TheCrankyCrow said...

So wonderfully pure - you've captured sunshine in photos....Love the tablescape - and oh, the oaks are wonderful. Little Judy is the sweetest model I've seen in a long time....Adorable! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Lore♥ said...

maravilloso fin de semana!!
un aire tan puro se ve
hermoso!
el perro es un amor!!
me gusto mucho ver este post
mucha inspiración!
besos
Lorena

primjillie said...

Just beautiful! I absolutely adore all your pictures and drool over them all the time. I can't believe how big the puppy has gotten! He is huge! Thanks for sharing all your talent with us!

Lulu and Co. said...

Loveliness!!!
xo,
Lulu

Passionate for White said...

I want to be in those pictures!!!

A girl from Paris said...

Yes it looks french ! I have the same chairs here in PARIS !

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

I love all your fall photos! The setting & backdrop is gorgeous! :) Happy Birthday to you too, Maria - I'm glad you enjoyed that surprise from your hubby!


Best,
Jessie

heidi {white loft studio} said...

I would just love to move this whole tablescape right into my dining room...please + thank you. inspiring and beautifully caputured!

Unknown said...

The chairs you found are amazing. And I love the results with your new lens.

Shabby soul said...

Your photos are full of warmth: beautiful!
Silvia

Mimi said...

Your photos are amazing, I love every single one, they have so much meaning. Mimi xx

Anonymous said...

Every time I need some French air, I visit your blog.
I feel at home, completely !
Thank you, Corinne

Deborah said...

Beautiful outdoor setting!!
The pumpkin is perfect!!

Deborah xo

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Beautiful as always, Maria! I've got that french glass bug catcher I bought from you in my blog banner.

xo

Sandy

Free Art Printables said...

It looks amazing Maria! Those chairs just pop against the prairie!!!

Anne Marie said...

I can't find any of that kind this season...maybe I should grow my own eh?

miss ya' Maria!

Cindy said...

Ahhhhh, that tree, that tree. Your photographs of the tree inspire me to paint it. And i love the heirloom pumpkins too, my sister and i call them Cinderella pumpkins. Your photos are stunning...

Cindy

debi said...

Your photos are stunning!

Sheri said...

I feel like I want to put on a beautiful white, flowy dress, wear barefeet, nibble the cheese and bread and feel the gentle breeze on my face. What a magnificent set of photos!
xo

martinealison said...

Je vous remercie pour l'ensemble de ces belles photos... Je m'aperçois que vous avez vite pris en main votre nouvel appareil photo.
J'aime particulièrement les clichés de ce chêne majestueux... Ceux de cette petite fille et de votre fille et de son chien sont aussi très beaux...
Bien évidemment les chaises françaises me font honneur!
Gros bisous

Vintage Home said...

such a delightful post!
I have a childs chair like yours and I use it constantly ..it is so sturdy...how many sweet children have sat in it!...Great beverage bags!

Lilla Majken said...

Beautiful! I love your pictures!

Hugs Therese

aimee said...

so beautiful. your photos are also so gorgeous i am in love with dreamy whites xxx

Jacqueline said...

I enjoyed your pictorial journey.

Thanks for sharing

Burlap Luxe said...

Such Beauty To Love!!!

A country life with all things French in flea market style, it doesn't get any better then this does it :)

Cheers
Dore

Judy said...

beautiful French luncheon on a cloud!

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

Lovely, lovely photos. The dog picture is adorable! I would love to stay for some wine at that table!

j adore said...

Magnifique!!!!!j'adore toutes ces images!!!!!!!!!
d'une beauté

Bisous
Tanja

Ann said...

All shots are so lovely...

Nice setting

so dreamy indeed.

The Little Red Shop said...

Ahhh…beautiful! Have fun this weekend. Please give Debi Burton a big hug from me. If you haven't met her…you will love her!

: )

Julie M.

L' Officina di un Sogno said...

Hum..super cute!
I've also a blog!Come and see it!

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

I also love heirloom pumpkins. I've seen them called Cinderella pumpkins as well. Your table setting out in the field is charming. The rolling, golden hills and oak trees in California are beautiful. You have captured it with your usual talent and finesse. It is as quintessential California, as a cottage by the sea. How lucky are we to have mountains and fall leaves, deserts set against red rolling peaked hills, and sea to shining sea all within two hours distance from each other?

paige said...

dreamy lovely images maria.
i must tell you, of course i pinned a few but my most fave is
rambo....sweetness

Ivy said...

The white bistro chairs are breathtaking, they are so great. Always, wonderful job styling! You never let us down, Maria!

Evie

bloggernefa said...

Wow what an amazing day. You will remember this in your heart for sure.
Thank you for giving us your visions from this beautiful day.

Greetings from Copenhagen, Denmark

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful..
Janet

Gina said...

Just lovely as always, Maria - that pumpkin is my fave too - I saw someone else post and called it the "Cinderella" pumpkin like I do ;-) and I also have heard it makes a great pie - good luck and thanks for the beautiful pics! I wished I was out there enjoying myself!

Little Leslie said...

Looks great Maria. I love our Golden west too. We have oaks and I love taking pics of them too. We have an old ladder sitting against one of them. It's a daily thing for me to go outside and wander around our yard taking pictures of the changing seasons. Maybe I'll post some fall pics. Thanks for the inspiration! Hope you had a good time at remnants.
Leslie

cindy 'wonenmeteenhart" said...

WAT A VERY NICE PICTURES
AND WHAT A charming table setting

GR CINDY

sandy said...

so lovely, very soft and magical. this setting looks so peaceful, I could imagine a bed with a soft mattress and white iron headboard where I could lay down with a quilt and take a nap. I would love to know what the lens was and what camera you use.

Tania - Grange de Charme said...

Hi Maria ! Your photos are just gorgeous ! what is your new lens ?
It's amazing because you are telling about the pumkin "rouge vif d'Etampes" and I live 5 miles from Etampes in France and in fact I have these in my kitchen garden !
Have a great weekend !
Xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria
You're styling is gorgeous! Love the pumpkins , they look like our Cinderella pumpkins here in Oregon.
Saw your sweet aunt last month at Monticello.
Sue

a quiet life said...

your pictures, your daughter, your dog, your oaks, your table, all fabulous~ as a native ca nothing screams ca more then golden hills and olive oaks, i am just jealous of your level land, i live on steep hill with acerage and nary a spot to place a table unless its engineered :(

Milo and Mitzy said...

Absolutly gorgeous shots. I am going to make myself a cuppa and indulge in your blog. Would love you to stop by mine. Amy (all the way from New Zealand) x
http://www.miloandmitzy.blogspot.com

red ticking said...

i just love this post... i know you and i would be good friends if we lived in the same city... we like so much of the same things... and i almost went to remnants of the past... we could have met! one day.... xx

Vær våken said...

Dear Maria, these photos are outstanding and very beautiful!!!

Love, KRistin

Suzanne said...

I love your table setting!

Jocelyne said...

The pictures of the oak tree are so so sooooo beautiful ! I am awestruck by them ! Of course all the other pictures are beautiful too, but this oak... You have a keen eye to see what makes a very beautiful picture.
You don't know it, but visiting your blog and seeing all your wonderful pictures revived my interest in photography. I didn't loose complete interest but I was not quite satisfied with the pictures I took. While visiting your blog I understood what style of pictures I like most. Soon I will purchase a new digital camera (the one I have now is not a DSLR) so I can shoot better pictures. I have problem obtaining a good focus even though I tried everything in the advanced techniques. Sorry if I make mistakes, I'm french from Quebec, Canada. Have a nice week-end Maria !

Elisa said...

Just beautiful!