Monday, December 12, 2011

An Unfinished Peppermint Candy Wreath and the Felted Mistletoe Wreath


Hello!
I just wanted to post a quick one today....
I wanted to share a picture of our unfinished peppermint candy wreath my daughter, Nicole 
made over the weekend.
It has been about ten years since I have made one of these.
I love these wreaths because they will add a touch of whimsy to your home.
They are super easy to make and are a fun project to do with the kids.....


All you need is....
a styrafoam wreath form
two large bags of peppermint candies
a glue gun
a bag of glue sticks
My daughter started glueing the candies from the inside of the wreath out.  It works best if 
you glue the candies on in rows.  
This one isn't finished because you can still see the styrafoam peaking through the candies.
My daughter added another row of candies to cover those areas....
I will show you an image of the finished product in another post....


I also wanted to let you know where this sweet felted mistletoe wreath came from.
I received a lot of inquiries about it, so I thought I better let you know where they came from....
They came from Maison Reve....
Yasmine has the sweetest Christmas ornaments this year....
I will be photographing a few of the ornaments I got from their shop later this week.
They do not have the ornaments or wreath on their website, I bought them while shopping in their shop in Mill Valley with my mom.
I hope you get a chance to stop by Yasmine's shop.


I will be back hopefully this evening.
Enjoy the rest of your day!
Take Care,
Maria
p.s. I was able to take a bunch of product pictures yesterday, I will finally have new products in my shop tomorrow.

26 comments:

tinajo said...

Love it - looks very festive and fun! :-)

Teacup-In-The-Garden said...

Very cute!
Markus

SLR said...

this is just a darling wreath...thank you for sharing! also, although we have kinda different styles...i am more "dreamy color" vintage style, i so love perusing through your blog, it is always lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
I love both wreaths!! What a great idea for the kids to make a peppermint candy wreath!! My boys would love this! Your daughter did an excellent job! I'll definitely have to stop by Maison Reve to check out her ornaments.
Hope you have a beautiful week.
Sincerely,
Melinda

martinealison said...

Toutes mes félicitations à votre filles... Une superbe couronne!
Le gui en feutrine est aussi très joli...
gros bisous à vous deux.

MelMel said...

Both the wreathes look amazing!
I would love to own them both!

The candy one looks so perfect against the blue door!

Melx

Shannan Martin said...

Love 'em both! Merry Christmas, Maria.

Ruby Jean said...

That Beautiful First Picture sure did GRAB my attention while going through my dashboard... I am not sure I would have much of a Peppermint Wreath left with are little one running around...He would most surely be found daily Licking and biting it for sure... :) They are both so VERY lovely

nannykim said...

Love it!

Amy Chalmers said...

that little candy wreath is adorbs!! I can taste the peppermint!

Ange @ A Cream Cottage said...

I love the peppermint wreath. I may have to try that next year. No time left to tackle it this year!!!

Her Indoors said...

I also love the candy wreath - it is a great solution for xmas in a hot climate! x

ruth said...

For those interested in the felt wreath, it is made by Roost. I was able to find several online specialty stores that carry it.Just google search.

Lobeliadamen said...

Love♥

WIDLOVESP said...

Lovely photos... as always! Love your christmas decor :)

Happy Holidays!

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a fun wreath! Nicole did a great job - looks awesome even unfinished! Hope your week is off to a great start! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Anne Marie said...

what a very great idea Maria...

the girls will love this!

Allison said...

The peppermint wreath is adorable! How fun! I love the felt wreath, too. Maybe I'll get a chance to pop in her shop. I live very close to Mill Valley. Enjoy your week, Maria!

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Maria,

I really do enjoy visiting your most lovely blog! :) I haven't made a peppermint wreath since my eldest was little...which is a long time ago since he is now a teenager! I will have to do this again with my little one - thank you for the reminder of adding a little whimsy into the home for the holidays! :)


Hugs & Happy Holidays to you!


~Jessie

Apple Blossom Barn said...

Hi I absolutely love your home, the christmas wreaths are so sweet
I love the blue pantry cupboard the peppermint wreath is hanging from, I have one that is very similar I can see it getting a lick of lovely blue paint soon

xxx
Denise

gfs said...

I'm in love with these wreaths - soo pretty!

outjunking said...

All the Christmas colors are running together but this made me stop!
Lisa

INNENANSICHTEN said...

Hey,
The wreath is really sweet as sugar! I probably would have stuck eating more sweets than on the wreath.
The Filzkranz looks very nice!
Best regards,
Uschi

Tee of Vinnord Cottage said...

Amazing and oh-so-inspireing... I am making one in my own way...

Can I ask the diameter of the styrofoam wreath and the amount of candies used? Reason I ask is I wanna make these candies (cant get these in norway...gotta make 'em myself then)....

:D

Love you rblog...always!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sensible critique. Me & my neighbor were just preparing to do some research on this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from this post. I'm very glad to see such excellent info being shared freely out there.
Shop-Vac 9520262 5-Gallon 4.5-Peak HP Hang Up Wall Mounted Wet/Dry Vacuum

Unknown said...

Hi there! I loved this so much that I featured it in my "100 Jolly Christmas Crafts & Decorations"! Have a great day! http://www.aspectacledowl.com/100-christmas-crafts-decorations/