Monday, September 24, 2012

My First Senior Portrait Session......and Frye Boots


Hello!
I had my first senior portrait session this weekend....
Megan Maupin is a beautiful girl and was so much fun to photograph....
Here we used a vintage french hemp linen sheet, filled our gift baskets with apples and put her beach cruiser off in the background....
I will share a few more images from Megan's session later on...
I hope to do more of these sessions in the future.....

On another note.....

I keep meaning to post where our boots are from......
The brand of boots you always see on my girls in photographs are Frye Boots.....
Megan is also wearing them in the first picture....
We bought them at Nordstrom's big sale they hold every summer.....
They are actually on sale today on the Nordstrom website....


On a final note.....

Heather Bullard shot the beautiful cover of the Souvenir Lifestyle Magazine summer issue, I love how Heather used a french market basket filled with produce for the summer issue.... 
(I am so excited about carrying these baskets in the shop.....)
Speaking of Souvenir Lifestyle... I am working on projects for the holiday issue this week....

Hope you all have a great week!
Take Care,
Maria 
Dreamy Whites (instagram)



22 comments:

paige said...

stunning images maria!!
love frye boots!
xo

Anne Marie said...

Frye boots are on my wish list...my wellies are not cutting it around here!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

This will be my third winter in Chicago ... it is time for me to get some great boots.

Fondly,
Glenda

Geli said...

Hello Maria, your photos are the most beautiful I have ever seen! Best wishes!

Anne Lorys said...

How fun that you're doing portrait work now! Looks wonderful, I can't wait to see more!

Hugs,
Anne

Lara said...

A big thumbs up to you!
Love what you've done here. :)

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Maria,
I can hardly wait to see Souvenir for the holidays, it's always full of wonderful articles and ideas. Heather does everything with ease and beauty.

Your senior portrait is lovely, the bicycle really makes it personal and captures the moment.

Have a lovely week,
~Tracie

Pura Vida said...

oh yay! I forgot I bought my 1976 frye boots on ebay...they're about to make an appearance!!!

Cindy said...

Great boots, wonderful baskets, and you're an amazing photographer!

Cindy

Jeane M. said...

Pretty! I love the first photo super feminine. Gotta toss the boots on my bucket lists. Got my eye on your next posts.

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I especially love the photo with the bicycle in the background. Those French baskets are great. I love the Frye boots...I want them in black! They look so much more comfortable than your average boot. Adding them to my Christmas list.

Thanks for making my day prettier,
Jami

Barbara said...

Beautiful picture! And I definitely know that boots! I'm a boots fan of sorts; I have several pair of the Old Gringos.

traci said...

gorgeous maria. so excited for you. aren't seniors fun...especially girls. i am sure you will have many more knocking at your door.

michele said...

oh maria! i am in arizona sitting next to my mom, and your photo just made our day. it has so many layers of beauty--i don't where to begin. bravo to you for capturing such lovely, such youth, such fleeting beauty and peace.

you have inspired me to aim higher with my photography (had a shoot with my niece this morning--the stuff of dreams!).

smiles to you, lovely.

michele

creative-mind said...

beautiful pictures!

Unknown said...

Hello, good evening! :)

Have recommended 10 interiorblogs on my page, and yours is one of them. Congratulations!

Best regards.
Stian N. Moen / www.noreeninterior.com

cindy hattersley design said...

Beautiful job with the senior portrait...can't wait to see more!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

The news about the senior portrait session is AWESOME. Congratulations ;) :) What kind of camera do you use? I"m always asking anyone I know who does photography, because I"m looking to upgrade my camera sometime in the future :) :) OH, can you post the link to your instagram page? I"m on Instagram and I"d be happy to follow you. The link wasn't there on your blog post ;) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of CAlifornia, Heather :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty girl. The photo looks gorgeous. Great job and Thanks for shring it with us.
website hosting australia

Evα ♡ said...

very nice blog !

Yoga Blog Today said...

Hi,im here to drop a quik testimonial.I just wanna say thank you for sharing informative thoughts in your blog.

RSA Online Now said...

Maria, I really want to go to your place one day! It's so lovely.