Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hand Made using Vintage Linens.... Remnants of the Past Antique Show...


Hello,
I hope you are all enjoying your week....
I have some exciting news to share with you today....
I am honored to announce I will be a vendor at the Remants of the Past June Show.
The show is located at the Alex Madonna Expo Center in San Luis Obispo on the 2nd and 3rd of June....
Matthew Mead and Jo Packham will be special guest at the show...
Judy is also offering a generous giveaway....
2 night stay in SLO city lodging venue
$75 gas card
Free passes to the show for both Saturday and Sunday
$100 gift card to the exquisite restaurant, Novo
The giveaway began April first and ends on April 30.



We will be bringing lots of hand made items using vintage french linens and grain sacks to the show.....
I recently bought my sister an industrial machine so she can sew more handmade items using 
vintage grain sacks....



This grain sack tote is one of our latest creations...
I will share more with you about our totes next week.
We will be bringing these to the show as well as listing them in our shop very soon.
I will also bring as much french farmhouse items as possible.
I just need to find the right french door for the top.
Not only do sawhorses make great legs for a table, but also make a unique tote stand....
I recently told my dad these sawhorses bring back fun memories of peeling logs with my brother and sister...... It is funny at the time I didn't think peeling logs was all that fun, and I am pretty sure I didn't have a thing for sawhorses at the time either.
You can read more posts on how I used sawhorses to create a one of a kind farm table  here and here.....


I have a few french vintage cupboards that I will bring as well....


This french ironstone pitcher that is filled with flowering cherry branches is one of my favorite finds from Remnants of the Past last year.




I hope to see you at the show in June.
I am really excited about this opportunity, however I am very nervous about it as well!

******************************


 The kids and I will be dying Easter Eggs Saturday evening....
This will be the first year we didn't use dye tablets we will be making our own dye using fruits and vegetables.... You can read about our experiment here ....
It was so much fun the kids can't wait for Saturday.

***************************


Image by Elizabeth Lazaro

On a final note, I had to share this adorable image my sister shot of her daughter, Ellie,
using our vintage french bistro chair....
Liz does almost all of the sewing for my shop....
Liz is a registered nurse in Atlanta, GA, who has discovered that she has a love for photography....
She will also start contributing stories for the blog very soon.

***********************

I also wanted to leave you with links to some beautiful blogs....


I hope you all have a Blessed Easter!
Take Care,

Maria

Twitter

p.s. Thank you for all of your sweet comments about Miss Adèle....

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the tote! Can't wait to hear more about them. Kathy

Helen said...

I know you will do fabulously there. My daughter (Terry - Vintage Bricoleur) says it is her favorite show to sell at. Looking forward to more pictures. I love your things.

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

How exciting Maria!! :)
Im so happy for all the wonderful opportunities you receive.You are so talented and I've enjoyed seeing your blog and shop expand~
Your little niece is so precious..makes me wish I had a little girl!
xo,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Your tote is lovely! And I look forward to the rest of your linen creations! Linens are one of my weaknesses. And the show sounds amazing. It's on my birthday, so maybe I'll have good luck and win the trip to see it.

Jill Palumbo

Sandy said...

Can't wait to meet you at the show.... and see all the lovely things you bring.
I'm so excited about going, went last year and had a blast. Fantastic show.
Have a lovely Easter!
xoso
Sandy

1 said...

Have a wonderful time at the show. I know how beautiful her shows are! Your new linen bag is gorgeous and makes me wish these were available when I was still living in the States.
Good luck to all your entrants.
Greetings from the brocantes of France!

Lolo @ The Adventures of Stig and Lolo said...

How exciting! I cannot wait to see you at the show again this year...maybe this time we can chat for a bit :) I am sure your booth will be amazing!!
XOX
Lolo

Anonymous said...

Oh Maria,
I am so excited for you and I know you will be a huge success!!~
I sure hope I can make it, I have been dying to go and now that you will be there, it makes me want to go all the more!
I love that photo of your niece, she is just precious, and I look forward to your sister being a contributor on your blog.
By the way, when will the goat's milk soap be in your shop?
Hope you have a lovely night.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Sandra van Doorn said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous photography. makes me feel like living in your linen cupboards!
and that tote is a bit fabulous...
xo sandra

Sandra van Doorn said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous photography. makes me feel like living in your linen cupboards!
and that tote is a bit fabulous...
xo sandra

vosgesparis said...

Hello old friend!
Thank you for linking ;)

bonne nuit , desiree

ruby rose said...

i think you could have been the guest!
love your blog, lifestyle and charm.
hoping i can get away from the shop to meet you!
stephanie, ruby rose

Anne Lorys said...

Congrats Maria, you will totally rock this show!
Great news, congrats my friend!

Hugs,
Anne

Jill said...

Good luck at tne Show I bet you will have a great time and sell loads!!
love the bag!
Happy Easter
Jillx

Jill said...

Good luck at tne Show I bet you will have a great time and sell loads!!
love the bag!
Happy Easter
Jillx

Judy said...

Maria, I can't tell you how excited that you are joining the Remnants family. You do realize now that you can never leave the show now? :) The customers are going to love you if I allow them to go into your booth. I want first dibs on everything! It is so beautiful. Can't wait to see you. ❤ XOXO Judy

Lana said...

Sadly I cannot get to the Remnants of the past show. I love the grainsack bags can't wait to see them in you shop. I also love the cupboard. I know you will have a great show. Wish I could be there.

Atelier de Campagne said...

Yay! Welcome to the Remnants of the Past family! We will see you in a few hours. We are excited you will be coming to our place.

Trino

Old Red Barn said...

What an interesting opportunity! I wish I could visit you there, but crossing the ocean is not that easy ;-). And wow, Jo Packham as a special guest! I've got one of her books.

Goedele

Between You and Me said...

Hi Maria!
I haven't left a comment in so long. It's all I can do to visit all the blogs I adore....your eggs are beautiful, and I pinned them to pinterest in hopes of dying some of my own eggs using fruits and vegetables.

You're sooo creative!

Pura Vida said...

Just came across your blog. Loving all your photos

Lúcia Aguiar said...

Olá Maria, tudo bem?
FELIZ PÁSCOA!!! "."
Abraço, Lúcia.

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Happy Easter from Australia♥
...stunning linens :)

LOPPISLIV said...

Lovely pictures as always. Gives med so much inspiration, love your decorating style!! Hugs from sweden // Paula

LOPPISLIV said...

I mean "me" (not "med"?) of course :-))

Jennifer said...

Love Love Love the Grain Sack Bag. Have to get one of those!

Home décor wholesale distributors said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.