Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Christmas in April Better Homes and Gardens Style and Getting Ready for the Antique Fairs


Hello,
I hope you are all enjoying your week.
I have had to take a break from being on the computer these past few weeks. One of the reasons was Better Homes and Gardens was here for five days
shooting a story for their Christmas issue.
The best part about the shoot was my kids were included in the shoot.
Jessica Thomas was the art director, Leigh Noe was the stylist, and Ray Kachatorian was
the photographer.  My kids loved Ray, and I discovered I had a cookbook that he shot.
It was exciting to see our home professionally decorated for Christmas. It was really neat to watch the stylist, art director, and photographer all work together to produce the story. 
The issue will be out November 15th.
A special thank you to Janna Lufkin , who is the reason any of this happened.

*********************************


I have also been busy trying to get ready for the antique shows that are coming up.
I love these blue shutters, they are from the south of France.  At Christmas time I hung a branch across the shutters to hang my petite stockings from.


Thad is going to
make two pieces of furniture using the shutters.  I am hoping to have them


For right now they sit beside my linen closet.....

I will also be a vendor at the Chateau Sonoma French Flea Market, which is May 19th & 20th.
I will be sharing more details with you about the French Flea Market in my next post, it is 
 a quaint  flea market held in Sonoma, I am honored to be apart of Sarah Anderson's show this year.


Most of these french linens and grain sacks are now being made into pillows slips and or totes,  I will be bringing 
a lot of our handmade items to both shows!
  

This is an image of our french linen totes we sell in our shop, we will be bringing a few of these to the show, I shot this image a year ago, I might have to update it soon.
  


We will also be bringing some of our grain sack totes!  

I hope to see you at one of the shows. 
I was lucky enough to run into a blog friend this weekend at the Alameda flea market,
Lorraine Lewis of the Paper Bird blog.
Lorraine is the sweetest person, and I felt lucky to have been able to meet her in person.

*****************************
On another note....
There is a container sale that is being held this week at 12607 E. hwy 120 Manteca, CA at Sue's Barn.
Marina Gheist of Over the Ocean Antiques, will be holding a container 
sale this week....
May 10th 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
May 11th -13th 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Marina imports so many beautiful antiques from Europe.
I didn't buy this green cupboard directly from Marina, but I later discovered Marina
imported it from the South of France....


If you are in Manteca, CA area be sure and stop by, I know you won't be disappointed.
You can contact Marina by phone or email.
209-327-9440
geest32@live.nl


On a final note....
I wanted to share where I purchased this duvet...
I bought it at Maison Reve about a year ago, this particular style had been discontinued and
was on sale.
I know Yasmine has other great styles available.
It is made from linen and is one of my favorite 
duvets.

I hope you all enjoy your week!
A special thank you to Stephanie of the blog Stephmodo, for featuring my home and blog last week.
Stephanie has a beautiful blog, I hope you get a chance to check it out.
Take Care,
Maria

DREAMY WHITES SHOP
FACEBOOK

29 comments:

Paula said...

SO many lovely things to take in! Visiting your blog from rainy England is like a breath of fresh air. I only wish that I could attend some of the lovey markets that you mention - your stock looks simply divine. Regards from the UK, Paula xxx

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

congrats Maria!! :) Very exciting! xo

Divine Theatre said...

Congratulations! All that hard work is paying off!

Andie

carreco said...

I love this blog is a marvel ... I sign on and I put in my address on my blog and garden deco Carreco http://carreco.fr/
See you soon. Co

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Congrats on the shoot, Maria.
You'll just be a few minutes from us at Chateau Sonoma, always fun & beautiful there with so many great people!

I can't say enough about Marina, she's one of the best & nicest importers for certain.
See you soon!
~Tracie

French Grey said...

Congratulations on the BHG shoot! You must be thrilled!! Your posts and photography are never a disappointment!! Can't wait to see pictures of your booth, wish I could see it in person!

Blessings,
Cindy

Jacqui said...

Wow, a BHG shoot! Cannot wait!! I love the shutters you have photographed. They have so many uses and yours are gorgeous!!

dervla @ The Curator said...

congrats on the BHG shoot ... your place looks amazing!

Peggy said...

Maria,

Congratulations! I am so very excited for you and the publication of the photo shoot! And I must say I am quite smitten with your linen closet.... in fact I think is something I would like to try and reproduce in our spare room.

Would it be okay if I e-mailed you sometime. I am trying to gather information about shopping in France as I will be there for just over a week the first of April 2013. Our middle son's French class will be going and I will be able to accompany them. We have our itinerary and I know the schedule will be tight but a certain amount of shopping time has been scheduled in. Thank you!

Old Red Barn said...

Hi Maria

I loved this post. Your pictures are so beautiful. But that last picture is the best one: so adorable.

Goedele

Anne Lorys said...

Lots of loveliness going on in your world, Maria!
Have a wonderful time soaking it all in!

XO,
Anne

Red Door Home said...

So excited to see your home all decorated for the holidays. I am sure it will be beautiful! I wish I lived closer as I would love to visit all the wonderful shows you have ahead.

Lindsay said...

Maria! I hope you are doing well! I LOVE the blue color of those shutters...what color is that? HUGS

Anonymous said...

I will look forward to seeing your lovely home featured in the Christmas issue. How exciting for you and your family! I was a subscriber for many years to BH&G but dropped them a couple years ago because they never seemed to feature the style of homes that I love. (There has been a lot of mid-century modern of late!) I hope that your feature, and others, will herald a change in their publication to what I used to know and love!

Michele said...

Hi Maria~ I just adore everything about your home and style. Truly dreamy ~ I love your title Dreamy Whites as well ~ Sometimes I think what a dream it would be for you to be my follower ~

Sincerely,
Michele

Fleaing France & French Shopping Tours said...

Beautiful styling. The photos and article will be gorgeous. Congratulations!

cathypentonatelier said...

Just gorgeous as always...The simplicity of your home is exquisite...I love the fact that the little details are so important to you...You definitely do shine in this beautiful world we all live in..Saying hi from the other side of world c xo

sharon santoni at my french country home said...

What fun to do christmas in April, I hope we'll get to see the pictures. Congratulations on the photo shoot, totally deserved, your blog always makes us dream
best
Sharon
x

Heaven's Walk said...

Congratulations on another feature, Maria! You definitely deserve it! You work so hard and your work is always so very beautiful! I sure wish I lived closer. I'd be at all of those fabulous shows! :)

xoxo laurie

Pura Vida said...

How thrilling. Loved the sneak peek

Karen said...

Everything looks so lovely - I just love the branch with the stockings, so sweet. xo K

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations...I look forward to the magazine issue. I adore the little stockings.

Phillis said...

love, love, love the bag...do you still have some for sale?

La Dolfina said...

Gosh Maria, you are one busy gal!!!
I would love to see you at Chateau Sonoma or at Sue's Barn Sale which I have always wanted to go to.
Your life sounds like a whirlwind my friend...but all wonderfully exciting....
Congrats on the Bh&G shoot!!
Love,
Terri

Melissa said...

Beautiful, as always. I love your grain sack tote you featured and went right to your shop, but it's not listed? Will you be selling these online?
Cheers,
Melissa

jenny said...

simply beautiful...love everything! i can see why you were mia! sending many blessing your way.

Elyse said...

hi again!

better homes & gardens! the dream! what a lovely issue that will be. i'll bet as exciting as it all was, those were 5 long and exhausting days!

warmest congrats!

xo
elyse

the poor sophisticate said...

I love Ray! I worked with him on a Williams-Sonoma shoot! What a great and talented guy! Can't wait to see how it turned out!
-Molly

strawberries in the garden said...

belle le casse di legno ,io le ho prese dal fruttivendolo quando ho comprato le arance ...