Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving, French Bulldogs, Modern Wool, French Inspired Autumn Table


Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope you are all enjoying your time this week with your loved ones.
Since we moved back in March I have found it a little difficult to make time for blogging.....
I really am hoping to start posting again on the blog, however
you can find me posting regularly on instagram, my username is DreamyWhitesLifestyle.
We have been busy renovating our home this last year and I plan on posting some before and after pictures on the blog in the future.  


We recently completed renovating what was called the parlor in our 100 year old house.
We were pleasantly surprised to find wood planks behind all the dry wall.
My husband removed the planks and planed all the wood and added tongue and groove joints to all the planks.  We painted the walls in here Cornforth White by Farrow & Ball .... I will share some before and after pictures on the blog in the near future.
For now I will share a few images I recently shot of my daughter's french bulldogs she raises in the parlor we recently renovated.






An image of the litter of Frenchies together....
Our newfoundland walked into the room.....
She is the only one would could get their attention.









My daughter Nicole also has an instagram where she shares images of her frenchies....
You can also contact Nicole at 
Nicole will be starting college this January and plans to become a small animal vet....

**********************************************


I wanted to share with you where I purchased the wool throw that I wrapped around the tree......


It is a beautiful wool throw from Modern Wool


The throws are hand knitted in California.



I discovered Modern Wool on 
Instagram and fell in love with her beautiful throws.
I knew I wanted to wrap the throw around the tree and use it as a tree skirt.


Modern Wool has offered to give you a 20% discount on any of their products from now through December.  You just enter White December when checking out.

***************************************
A French inspired Autumn Table


I thought I would share a few images of my French Inspired Autumn table since tomorrow is Thanksgiving.....









I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and thanks for taking the time to stop by.
I will be back next week to share a few images of our French Farmhouse Christmas collection.
I will also be teaming up with



24 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Un billet rempli de douceur avec ces adorables petits bouledogues français ! J'ai beaucoup aimé ce tricot qui enveloppe votre arbre.
Merci pour le partage et l'ensemble de toutes vos merveilleuses photos.

Gros bisous ♡

The Cottager said...

Happy Thanksgiving Maria... enjoy your time with family. Love your French inspired Autumn Table and have so enjoyed your photos on Instagram as well. The renovation on your home is amazing! Best Wishes!

Crafty Lumberjacks said...

Stunning simple photos!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

ETT RÖTT MONOGRAM said...

Happy Thanksgiving
I love your tree and cute dog
Love/AnnaMaria

Méa Strauß said...

Ohhhh,
the doggies!!! Should have heard the "AAAhhhs" and "Ooohs" of us all here :))
French bulldog of a special kind. Soooo sweet.
Absolutely sensational the pictures with the pearbranches (hope, this is the right word). THE final decoration these days.
Happy greetings from Germany and thanks for posting again, Méa

Nita Stacy said...

Love love love that throw...must go to that shop immediately! Love all the photos and oh...the little frenchies! How precious they are and perfect in your home. Love all of this!
Nita
ModVintageLife

Shabby Dollhouse said...

The dogs are so cute and the wool is a dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy greetings vom Vienna :o)

Sigrid

angie said...

soooo süß!!! liebe grüße von angie aus deutschland

Lynne said...

So nice to hear from you Maria - missed you and I look forward to seeing your new "old" house! Those puppies are beyond adorable! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Burlap Luxe said...

So wonderful to see you posting Maria, I crochet and I am going to try and create a really thick skirt like this, it looks so fun to design around.
Your fotos stun, and your rustic elegan home I am sure has settled in with the beauty you create.

Xoxo
Happy ThanksGiving
To you and yours

Dore

HWIT BLOGG said...

This so lovely pictures, oh dear! Love them all...
Happy Thanksgiving!
Warmly,
Titti

rush said...

We encourage people to adopt, not shop. "Brand name" breeds can be found at the humane society or through rescue groups.

Unknown said...

The throw looks like snow drifts. So beautiful!

Anne Lorys said...

It'a all perfectly divine, Maria!
I've been keeping up with you on Instagram, but it's nice to see all the beautiful pups and your new home on the blog, too!

Happy Thanksgiving!
XOXO,
Anne

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

What a treat to see a blog post from you, Maria! I just adore these photos and can't wait to see more of your new home.

Linda said...

Absolutely gorgeous, and the puppies are adorable! :)

Bethany Christiansen said...

Ciao Maria, I've missed you! I absolutely love your blog, and its so nice to hear from you again. Your new home is beautiful. Thank you for posting the color of paint you used on the walls, it is such an elegant hue of white. Can't wait to see the before and after pictures. Thanks again for all the inspiration!

Mantelilaakson Susanna said...

Just amazing photos again! Thank you!
And so cute puppies!!

Debbie said...

I was so happy to see you had posted, Maria!
Your photos are gorgeous!
Love the puppies.
Looking forward to more images of your beautiful home.
Debbie

Unknown said...

Love it all!

Unknown said...

So happy to see you posted! I've been missing your blogging. I always love seeing photos of your gorgeous home. It is so inspirational. Your table looked gorgeous on Thanksgiving!! And I love your idea of wrapping a throw around your tree instead of a traditional tree skirt. Fabulous idea! I have a 6' artificial pink tree that I put up every year. My home is a combination of shabby chic and French Farmhouse. Almost everything in my home is white, much like yours.. but I throw in a few accent colors.. mostly rose pink and light blue. Going with the pink, I bought my pink tree last year. I decorate it with silver, white and gold ornaments mostly.. and then a few fun Disney ornaments that my 4 year old daughter loves. Right now I have a quilted tree skirt that my grandma who passed away made for me. Maybe next year I will use a knitted throw, like yours. I am excited to hear you are doing another Wintersteen giveaway. I absolutely LOVE their wreaths. Unfortunately our family doesn't have enough money to purchase one.. so I am super happy about the giveaway. When will it take place? I am crossing my fingers!!! It'd be the best holiday gift to win!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful in every way, especially the simplicity.
Love your page.
Marcia

MONICA LIVAS said...

Amazing post as always!

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

So completely beautiful. All your hard work shines. I hope you will one day share where you find your furniture pieces.
~ Lin